PostgreSQL RPM Building Project - Live CD
Last updated: Mon Aug 8, 2016
9.6 CentOS 7 version
PostgreSQL RPM Building Project released 8th version of PostgreSQL 9.6 based Live CD, which includes 9.6 on CentOS 7.3You can download the livecd from here. md5sum is here
Note: Live CD *may not* start X under some hardware. To solve the problem, edit grub parameters and add "selinux=0" (without quotes).
Changes in the new version
- Update to PostgreSQL 9.6
- Many new packages
- Updated versions of almost all of the packages
- PostgreSQL 9.6
- Option to install the image to USB stick
- Option to install image to hard drive
- Option to add an encrypted home directory while burning the iso to usb stick.
- Many PostgreSQL related software is preinstalled and ready to run.
- Improved hardware support, including laptops.
- Please use postgres as the desktop username.
- Root password is postgresql, if you need.
- PostgreSQL and httpd is started on boot, so you will also be able to use phpPgAdmin.
- pgadmin3 is pre-configured, so you can begin using it quickly.
If you want to create an encrypted home directory on the usb stick, then run:
sudo livecd-iso-to-disk --home-size-mb 1024 /path/to/livecd.iso /dev/theusbstick
How to build your own live CD
Preparing a live CD, based on PGDG RPMS, is easy for CentOS users. We prepared kickstart files, which will do all the work for you. Also, you can install the contents to a disk after boot. You will find an icon on Desktop for that.
You will need to install livecd-tools RPM. After downloading kickstart file, run the following as root :
LANG=C livecd-creator --config=PG95-CentOS7-x86_64.ks (on CentOS)
There are about 700 packages to be downloaded, this build process may take some time, depending on your connection.