PostgreSQL RPM Building Project - Live CD
Last updated: Wed Feb 20, 2013
9.2 CentOS version
PostgreSQL RPM Building Project released fifth version of PostgreSQL 9.2 based Live CD, which includes 9.2.3 on CentOS 6.3.You can download the livecd from here. md5sum is here
The previous versions of this live CD has been downloaded thousands of time, per web server logs.
Note: Live CD *may not* start X under some hardware. To solve the problem, edit grub parameters and add "selinux=0" (without quotes).
Changes in the new version
- Update to PostgreSQL 9.2.3
- Many new packages
- Updated versions of almost all of the packages
- PostgreSQL 9.2.3
- Option to install the image to USB stick
- Option to install image to hard drive
- Option to add an encrypted home directory while burning the iso to usb stick.
- Many PostgreSQL related software is preinstalled and ready to run.
- Improved hardware support, including laptops.
- Please use postgres as the desktop username.
- Root password is postgresql, if you need.
- PostgreSQL and httpd is started on boot, so you will also be able to use phpPgAdmin.
- pgadmin3 is pre-configured, so you can begin using it quickly.
- Versions: Apache 2.2.15, PHP 5.3.3 , PostgreSQL 9.2.3, Gnome 3.2.1, kernel 2.6.32, Pidgin, Evolution 2.28.3, Firefox 17.0.
If you want to create an encrypted home directory on the usb stick, then run:
sudo livecd-iso-to-disk --home-size-mb 1024 /path/to/livecd.iso /dev/theusbstick
How to build your own live CD
Preparing a live CD, based on PGDG RPMS, is easy for CentOS users. We prepared kickstart files, which will do all the work for you. Also, you can install the contents to a disk after boot. You will find an icon on Desktop for that.
You will need to install livecd-tools RPM. After downloading kickstart file, run the following as root :
LANG=C livecd-creator --config=PG92-CentOS-x86.ks (on CentOS)
There are about 700 packages to be downloaded, this build process may take some time, depending on your connection.